Safe, fast grinding of overbuild
Grind excess material from rubber rollers, quickly and safely with the Rollertech Thermo Cutter.
Although rough grinding overbuild is still common practice among many rubber roller manufacturers, there is an inherent risk of fire damage.
Our Thermo Cutters offer a safe alternative for the rapid removal of excess material prior to final grinding.
Designed especially for the rubber roller manufacturing industry, Thermo Cutters have the capacity to cut both rubber and polyurethane.
Safe and incredibly quick, Thermo Cutters can save up to 90% of energy used and increase productivity, in comparison with traditional grinding methods.
Thermo Cutters can accommodate a variety of tools, with different shapes and sizes. This facilitates easy position adjustment during almost any cutting operation.
For convenience, bespoke tool-posts can be incorporated into the main operating machine as a permanent or removable attachment.
Roughing of 30 shore rubber on offset roller
Complete thermo cutter machine
Simple controls for set up and adjustments
Grooved Polyurethane rollers
Typical spreader in soft roller
Roughing of 90 shore
Benefits of Rollertech Thermo Cutter include
- Safe – quiet and smokeless operation
- Better results – minimises thermal shocks and distortions of elastomer
- Fast and efficient – 25mm x 12mm strip can be cut at a rate of 9m/min
- Increased productivity – significantly reduces the time required to remove overbuild
- Saves over 90% energy – when compared with traditional grinding techniques
- High performance – cuts both rubber and polyurethane
- Easily adaptable to lathes, grinders or CNC machines
- Enables grooving
- Long lasting – uses patented, durable blades
- No extraction required – does not generate dust or smoke
- User friendly – tools are easy to mount and sharpen
- Flexible – can accommodate a variety of tools, for any cutting operation and custom tools available
- Fit for purpose – designed for the rubber roller industry, with the working environment in mind
Incredibly durable patented blades concentrate the heat entirely on the cutting edge, ensuring a smokeless operation.
- 220 – 240 volt
- 15 amp
- Single phase
- 50/60 HZ
- 5.5m cable length supplied as standard
- Standard tool post holder provided
- CE compliant
- Weight 185 kg
- Dimensions – L 780mm x W 815mm x H 1575m
if you would like to see our thermo cutters in action prior to purchase, please contact Rollertech
For more information about Rollertech and our services that focus on the roller manufacturing industry please call +44 (0) 1484 689 967 / 07714 680 718 or complete our online contact form.